DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
This event is now closed.
View the 2018 innovators and winner HERE.
During Battleground, 10 companies have six minutes each to demonstrate their innovations to a panel of sometimes ruthless and uncensored judges, and the cheers or jeers of a live audience.
In the end, only the most promising company will win the right to move on to be part of Summit at The Phocuswright Conference, where they will demonstrate on the main stage in front of the most discerning audience in travel.
Event date: August 7. Application deadline: July 13.
ZERO. ZILCH. NADA. (AKA FREE)
You read that right – there are no fees to apply or pitch at Battleground: The Americas.
- Startup company 48 months (4 years) or younger
- Based in North America, Central America or South America
- US$2 million or less in funding
- Must pass a thorough and rigorous Phocuswright screening
All Battleground contestants receive:
- One registration to Battleground: The Americas
- Ten minutes on stage during Battleground: Six-minute demonstration followed by four minutes of Q&A from the Dragons
- Coaching and mentorship on your presentation from veteran Phocuswright analysts
- URL and logo on the Battleground website
- Inclusion in all program schedules
- Pre-event, onsite and post-event conference promotion
- Coordinated social media campaigns
The winner of Battleground: The Americas receives the above items PLUS:
- A ticket to The Phocuswright Conference in November (value $4,199)
- Ten minutes on the main stage during Summit, the premier travel industry pitch competition (value $5,000)
- A chance to win one of the Summit awards